"Religulous" - new movie out in July by Bill Maher

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Sat May 10, 2008 12:44 pm

A good answer back to Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed

not saying the latter was a good challenge but still
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sat May 10, 2008 2:26 pm

::yawn:: another attempt at keeping conflict alive so as to boost revenue for whatever overtly hostile and theological fallacious book these authors come out with next.

I wonder how badly he'll need to edit the final product before he is able to make who ever he interviews look as stupid as he wants them too. I wouldn't expect any less from a man who thinks Moore is a genius after all.

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Sat May 10, 2008 2:44 pm

MPTrooper wrote:::yawn:: another attempt at keeping conflict alive so as to boost revenue for whatever overtly hostile and theological fallacious book these authors come out with next.

I wonder how badly he'll need to edit the final product before he is able to make who ever he interviews look as stupid as he wants them too. I wouldn't expect any less from a man who thinks Moore is a genius after all.

For someone who refused to make a judgement call about Expelled without seeing it, that is a strange statement.

Thanks for wearing your bias on your sleeve for all to see.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sat May 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Expelled wasn't created by an obviously anti theist who's main goal in life seems to be insulting that which billions hold dear. If the interview with Larry King and the movie title is any indication, he doesn't give a damn about making an unbiased report on religion and seems to only seek in making as much fun of it as he can.

I want to watch Expelled because, while I don't doubt it has the same type of rhetoric and fallacious statements most of these "documentaries" have, I didn't feel immediately insulted by the movie premise.

That and I happen to be a fan of Ben Stine.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Mon May 12, 2008 12:26 pm

MPTrooper wrote:::yawn:: another attempt at keeping conflict alive so as to boost revenue for whatever overtly hostile and theological fallacious book these authors come out with next.

Aye, a pointless conflict.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

Hqrsie
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Hqrsie » Mon May 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Interesting how you follow that point with defense for a movie who's production team has already been caught lying to those they interviewed and misquoting the source material the movie attacks (Origin of Species).

You won't hear a word from me defending Moore however.

The only genius I see in him is his ability to sway ignorant masses.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere committing evil deeds, an it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

thelastpirate
Vermicelli Vizier
Location: I hope in no place so unsanctified where such as thou mayst find me.

Postby thelastpirate » Mon May 12, 2008 1:14 pm

MPTrooper wrote:Expelled wasn't created by an obviously anti theist who's main goal in life seems to be insulting that which billions hold dear. If the interview with Larry King and the movie title is any indication, he doesn't give a damn about making an unbiased report on religion and seems to only seek in making as much fun of it as he can.

Expelled was, however, created by an obvious theist who's main goal seems to be to subvert science itself and return us to some pre-renaissance society.

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Mon May 12, 2008 9:27 pm

MPTrooper wrote:That and I happen to be a fan of Ben Stine.

Ben Stein

but other than that I could see were you are coming from with the title of the movie and all but Expelled-no intelligence allowed does the same thing by saying that their theory is the only intelligent one
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:32 pm

lordpunkmonk wrote:
MPTrooper wrote:That and I happen to be a fan of Ben Stine.

Ben Stein

but other than that I could see were you are coming from with the title of the movie and all but Expelled-no intelligence allowed does the same thing by saying that their theory is the only intelligent one

W-what the f-f-f-uck just h-happened?

Did LPM just correct someone's spelling?!?!?!
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Return to “All Things FSM”