Gary Smith’s Pirate Hat ID photo will happen eventually

Published September 9th, 2022 by Bobby Henderson
Gary Smith wearing his tricorn hat, photo from Richmond News.

Here’s a nice article about Gary Smith and his efforts to wear a pirate hat in his ID photo. Until now they have denied him, issuing him temporary licenses without the photo. I find it inspiring that he keeps up the fight.

I admire the people who wish to wear religious headwear – colander or pirate hat – in their ID photos, while putting up with the questions, smirks, or full-on discrimination of workers. I hear about it often, and most people give up after being denied. It takes a special type of person to continue to fight for their rights. I have no doubt that Gary will be successful.

The article goes into detail about some of his other Pastafarian activites and outreach, it is truly impressive. Let’s find a way to help the effort.

Pease check out the Richmond News article about Gary.

Asking AI about religion

Published August 4th, 2022 by Bobby Henderson

Tiktok AI researcher midjourneys experienced a divine revelation when asking about religion.

@midjourneys

Replying to @iamedible Asking AI what religion is closest to truth. #midjourney #midjourneyai #askai #askingai #craiyon #religion #pastafarian

♬ Sadeness – Enigma

Church of FSM’s Growth in Australia

Published July 3rd, 2022 by Bobby Henderson
The Carters in front of their church. ABC News

Here’s a nice article about the growth of the Church of the FSM in Australia. An interesting dynamic there is the every-five-year census that includes religious preference. The results of the census influence funding and social programs. Australia does not currently recognize the Church of the FSM as an “official” religion so Pastafarians are at a disadvantage. Still, it sounds like the situation is improving.

When Census night 2021 rolled around, Pirate Priestess Angela Carter and her husband Captain Colin “Cupcakes” Carter followed an instruction from their leader and selected the “no religion” option where the nationwide survey asked respondents about their religious affiliations.

Yet the Carters are actually among a growing number of Australians who consider themselves to be Pastafarians, or members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

They are also ministers and owners of the only recognised church of their faith in the country, but they checked the “no religion” box because they didn’t want to be counted as Christians in the census.

abc.net.au

Here is the article.

Firewall discrimination

Published February 24th, 2022 by Bobby Henderson

Apparently our website is blocked by some company firewalls because it is in the “cults” category. I am wondering how common this is — have many of you encountered this?

Mosey the Pirate

Published January 27th, 2022 by Bobby Henderson

I want to share the Trailer from Mosey The Pirate – an upcoming game that features the Flying Spaghetti Monster in all of His glory. It’ll be available on Steam soon.

Returned Ordinations

Published January 14th, 2022 by Bobby Henderson

Some of the Australia-bound ordinations are coming back in the mail — there is some disruption to mail service because of Covid it sounds like. We are re-sending all the ones that have come back in the mail, but there may be more lost Ordinations that we don’t know about. If you’re still waiting on an Ordination please let me know (I emailed also). Sorry for the delay.

Join Us!

Subscribe and get Pastafarian news and articles by email. Your info will be kept private and I won't bug you often, promise.

Chat with us on Telegram

Join us on our Facebook groups:
* Public group
* Private group

Join us on Discord

Contact Me

Become a minister

We do not solicit or accept donations -- the Church is funded by orders of Ordination Credentials. Please consider taking the next step of your Faith and become an FSM Minister.

Check out our new ID cards:

Join our lending team

Kiva is a platform where you can make small interest-free loans to people in poor areas that need help starting small business. The Church of the FSM has one of the top religious congregation teams on Kiva. Check it out.

Please help us stay ahead of the Mormons!

Purchase the Gospel

An elaborate spoof on Intelligent Design, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is neither too elaborate nor too spoofy to succeed in nailing the fallacies of ID. It's even wackier than Jonathan Swift's suggestion that the Irish eat their children as a way to keep them from being a burden, and it may offend just as many people, but Henderson puts satire to the same serious use that Swift did. Oh, yes, it is very funny. -- Scientific American.

Me

Bobby's Blog

Contact Bobby: Contact Me

© 2022 Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster